WIS 83 bridge over WIS 16.
Improvements include bridge re-decking, painting of girders, bridge approach improvements, updates to signals, beam guard and pavement markings.
WIS 83 over WIS 16 will be completely closed from 5/27/20 to 8/12/20, pending weather. A detour route will be in place during the full bridge closure. Both eastbound and westbound WIS 16 on/off ramps will be open to traffic.
- If you live on the north end of the bridge and wish to go eastbound on WIS 16, the detour will take you down westbound WIS 16 to County C and then back around to eastbound WIS 16.
- If you live on the south side of the bridge and wish to go westbound on WIS 16, the detour route will take you down eastbound WIS 16 to County KE and then back around to westbound WIS 16.
During nighttime structure demolition, WIS 16 under WIS 83 will be closed for the safety of the traveling public and the construction workers on site. A detour route will be set up to allow eastbound and westbound traffic on WIS 16 to run up and down the on and off ramps in either direction.
Construction is anticipated to begin 5/27/20 and be complete by early fall 2020.
Notable construction activities:
- 5/28/20 into 5/29/20 milling operation
- 6/1/20 into 6/2/20 (7 pm- 6 am) structure demolition
- 6/2/20 into 6/3/20 (7 pm- 6 am) structure demolition
- 6/3/20 into 6/4/20 (7 pm- 6 am) structure demolition
These operations will get to be noisy, we apologize in advance for any inconvenience. The reason we do these operations in the evening is due to low traffic volumes.