Weekly Construction Update: August 18-22
Posted: August 15, 2014
Weekly construction updates include upcoming lane closures and traffic impacts related to the major Verona Road (US 18/151) reconstruction. Sign up for project updates via email.
Stay connected with the project website and project Facebook page.
Note - All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Verona Road work
- Two lanes open to traffic (in each direction) on new northbound lanes, between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- View the traffic staging plans.
- Work zone speed limit is 30 mph. Drive with caution through the work zones.
- NOTE: Frontage road speed limits are typically 25 mph. Drive with caution on the frontage roads, especially Britta Parkway.
- Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods.
- Regardless of any roadwork inconvenience, please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
- Daytime reconstruction work on Verona Road southbound and frontage roads.
- Work to occur approximately 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Aug. 18-23).
- Work will continue on the existing southbound lanes with grading, storm sewer, sign structure foundations, pedestrian underpass construction, and bridge/retaining wall construction.
- East Frontage Road work includes asphalt paving south of the Atticus Way intersection for temporary and new roadways. Traffic will be maintained on two lanes or with flagging operation
- West Frontage Road work, between Summit Road and Freeport Road, will continue with bridge crews working on the steel girders, abutment construction, and retaining wall construction. Access to area businesses is maintained and open to through traffic.
- NOTE: The delivery of steel girders will take place on a daily basis throughout the week, starting Monday (Aug. 18) during normal business hours.
- No delays are anticipated for these deliveries.
- Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest Commuter Path).
- The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
West Beltline Frontage Road/Hammersley Road (west of Verona Road)
- Starting Wednesday (Aug. 20), the West Frontage Road/Hammersley Road will be CLOSED to through traffic, between the temporary Verona Road intersection near Home Depot/Subway and the Southwest Commuter Path over the Beltline, until late September 2014.
- Access will remain open for local traffic and to area businesses.
- Work includes sanitary sewer work, pavement removal and storm sewer work.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
- CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until October 15, 2014.
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Hammersley Road cul-du-sac (north of the Beltline)
- CLOSED to traffic until mid-September 2014 for utility work. No detour posted.