Windsor-DeForest, in Dane County
Construction activities can change at any time. Please check back periodically for updates and further information on detour routes and maps depicting traffic flow, access and work zones for each stage.
US 51, Reardon Rd. to just north of County V (Grinde Rd.), Windsor to DeForest, in Dane County.
- Nov. 13, 2013
- US 51 traffic switched to temporary road at County V west / North St.
- Nov. 14, 2013
- Windsor Rd. interchange, including all ramps on and off US 51 open to traffic
- Temporary intersection at US 51 and Gray Rd. closed permanently. Access to US 51 from Gray Rd. via North Towne Rd. (old US 51) and Windsor Rd.
- US 51 - 1 lane northbound and 1 lane southbound open to traffic from WIS 19 to the crossover just south of Vinburn Rd. Median lanes will remain closed through Nov. 22, 2013.
- Pederson Crossing Blvd. and Bear Tree Pkwy. open to traffic
- Cul-de-sac built at the end of Reardon Rd., cutting off direct access to US 51. Access to Reardon Rd. from US 51 via Windsor Rd. and Pederson Crossing Blvd. Access to Reardon Rd. from WIS 19 via North Towne Rd. and Bear Tree Pkwy.
- Nov. 22, 2013
- US 51 open to 4 lanes (2 lanes northbound and 2 lanes southbound) from Gray Rd. south.
- US 51 is reduced to 2 lanes (1 lane northbound and 1 lane southbound) from Gray Rd. north to move traffic between new and old US 51 through the crossover located just south of Vinburn Rd.
Current traffic maps
Construction scheduled in two phases:
- 2012-2013 - Phase 1 construction, Reardon Rd. to Vinburn Rd.
- 2013-2014 - Phase 2 construction, Vinburn Rd. to County V (Grinde Rd.)