Weekly Construction Update: Oct. 27-31
Posted: October 24, 2014
Weekly construction updates include upcoming lane closures and traffic impacts for construction work related to the I-39/90 Expansion Project, which are listed below.
Receive project updates, including the weekly construction updates, via email – sign up today!
Stay involved and informed with the project website and I-39/90 Expansion Project Facebook page.
- All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.
WIS 73 reconstruction – project website
Interstate 39/90 north to US 12/18 near Cambridge and Deerfield
- WIS 73 is CLOSED to through traffic until November 2014. WIS 73 remains open for local traffic.
- Access to area businesses along WIS 73 to remain open.
- Alternate routes required for through travelers. Signed detour route: I-39/90 and US 12/18.
- Final restoration work is ongoing along WIS 73 from US 12/18 south to the WIS 106 intersection.
- The WIS 73 and WIS 106 intersection, just north of I-39/90, is OPEN to traffic. Minor restoration is underway at the intersection.
- WIS 73 is paved along with side streets and intersections. Driveway paving should be complete by early next week.
- Although WIS 73 is paved, the highway remains CLOSED to through traffic until early November 2014.
- Message boards should be operational in the next few weeks. Locations:
- Eastbound Beltline near Agriculture Drive (east of Stoughton Road)
- South end of WIS 73, just north of the WIS 106 intersection
I-39/90 southbound bridge over Siggelkow Road
Located just south of the US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange near Madison
- TRAFFIC SHIFT: All four lanes of I-39/90 are shifted onto the northbound side at Siggelkow Road.
- Work zone speed limit is reduced to 55 mph. Drive with caution through this area.
- Crews will pour concrete for the new I-39/90 southbound bridge over Siggelkow Road. Grading operations continue for the new lanes of I-39/90 southbound.
- No lane closures are anticipated in this area next week.
- Two lanes to remain open to traffic on I-39/90 (in each direction) during daytime hours.
- Siggelkow Road is CLOSED at I-39/90 until November 2014.
- Traffic on Siggelkow Road is not permitted to travel under I-39/90. Alternate routes are required.
Pavement repairs on I-39/90 from Janesville to Edgerton
Milwaukee St. in Janesville to just north of the WIS 73/US 51 interchange in Dane County
- This work is complete.